Saturday, October 03, 2009

Habemus Laptop!

Well smack my ass and call me Sally... I, your friend and humble narrator have saved up and purchased a new 17" Dell Studio laptop! Dual Core processer, 4 gigs ram, 500 gig hard drive, 16 million displayable colors, and other impressive measurements as well.

And a webcam. Ooh! I have to show you just how hipster I am now. Check this out:



In my defense, my Mom and Chuck just got back from a trip to The Bahamas about three days ago, and they brought me back the hat. A Jamaican rasta hat. Made in Guatemala. From the Bahamas. With a nifty little stash pocket. Currently it holds a couple of CF cards.

Naturally, not all is 100% well in Andyland. The CD/DVD drive would not accept discs, and when it finally did, it would not read them. The laptop also had a mysterious rattle when shifted from side to side. In a live chat with Dell's customer support (which was awesome, by the way), a small white wire popped out of the drive. I had the tech turn on the webcam, and I held it up. He immediately said they'd replace the drive. So he's sending me a box, and I'm shipping it back to Dell for repair. For a week and a half, I'll be laptop-less again, but hopefully it won't take the full 7 business days to repair and ship back.

I lobbied him for a free upgrade to a lightscribe drive for my troubles, but I fear my plea fell on deaf ears. I'll attach a note to the unit for shipping, in hopes that the laptop falls into the hands of a more sympathetic repair tech. I REALLY want a lightscribe. Really really really.

---

Otherwise, I'm working my butt off six days a week, and sometimes seven if I've got weekend shoots like my wedding last week, and a group home day coming up on the 10th. I'll post photos when I transfer data onto this computer.

So, yay! I'm back online for a little while anyway, then I'll be off, then on again for good.

---

P.S.
I think that political commentator James Carville



is actually an alien.

1 Comments:

Blogger LadyNineveh said...

yay welcome back!

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home