Wednesday, May 06, 2009

From bad, to better, to "hell yeah!"

So Liz has offered to take me on full time at her studio. Yesterday was my first day training there. I'll finish the month on my regular Wally World schedule, working with Liz on my days off while I train. My next day off is in about a week and a half. (whew!) I'll go full time with her on June 1st. Well, Wally World wasn't keen on the idea of me leaving, to the tune of the personnel manager joking "No, you're not allowed to leave. We won't let you!" So I worked something out with them, and I will still be on part time there. I'll work one of my two days off from Liz's, and/or also short evening shifts stocking the floor, writing names on cakes, and whatnot.

I have also just been flooded with a slew of paying photo gigs, the latest of which has garnered orders totaling several hundred dollars. This is a true instance of "when it rains, it pours."

So... full time job + part time job + occasional gig = mucho dinero for I, your friend and humble narrator. Do you know what this means? It means that roughly by the end of the summer, providing I get Cleveland paid off in a timely fashion, I WILL BE ABLE TO GET A PLACE OF MY OWN AGAIN. You have no idea how thoroughly orgasmic an idea that is to me.

And I also found a wine and spirits store that carries the oh-so-ubiquitous-throughout-Cleveland Genesee Cream Ale! ...and it's still cheaper than dirt, smooth as silk, and sweet as honey. It's the perfect beer.

Life is good. :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger LadyNineveh said...

yay go drew go!

4:22 PM  
Blogger A.me said...

Wow, sounds like things are definitely going better. :) Congrats! I was actually wondering something though.. have you ever worked with/talked to Richard Jurus, from Sinclair's photography department? I'm just curious what you thought of him/his work.

2:40 AM  
Blogger hexy chick said...

It's good to hear that things are picking up for you and not only that, but you're still as grateful as always fro what you have. It's quite refreshing to read you even if it is infrequent. :)

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home