Thursday, April 26, 2012

Baked Goods and Funky Beats

I live above a little bakery/restaurant and have befriended the owner.  Her business hours are till 4pm, so I just assume that after that, the building is empty and I can play my music to whatever levels I wish.  Well, I went and raided a few record stores today and found some butt-kicking electronica/techno on vinyl.  I got home around 6pm, threw one on the turntable, and proceeded to rock out with my... sock out.

I noticed a text on my phone:

Her: That's a good sound from up there.
Me:  OMG you're still downstairs??
Her:  I'm down here doing some cakes LOL
Me: Well hell... I just picked up some Janis Joplin.  I'll put her on.
Her: Yea cool
Me: I hope you can hear that ok. 
Me: I'll spare you the techno.  But damn, the bass is incredible on vinyl.
Her:  Yep a little.  The other was good too.
Me: Well then, maybe I'll put on some Wild Cherry or K.C. and the Sunshine Band after this!

I'm playin' that funky music as I type this. She's cool as hell downstairs. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home