Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Confucius say...

As I type, there is a slip from a fortune cookie that is staring back at me from my computer desk. Usually fortunes are chuckled at and pitched, never to be thought of again, but this one begged further pondering. It reads:

"Some pursue happiness; you create it."

I felt a parallel with this idea. Denied the chance to seek out sources of happiness, One must construct them from within. Does it stop with happiness, though? Here is my question to you. Think it through, don't answer to yourself hastily. This is an exercise in introspection. Fill in the blank:

"Some pursue _______; I create it."

To thine own self be true. Happy meditating.

4 Comments:

Blogger Grover said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

Some pursue enlightenment, I create it.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

Some pursue solitude, I create it.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Texas Gurl said...

I just thought I would glance back through your archives and remember the old days. I remember the first post I read of yours was about a fortune from a fortune cookie. Oh, and I love how you used to comment on your own posts!
I know you weren't happy back in these days but for some reason I look back on them with nostalgia. Oh to go back and do things differently!
Hey, and we didn't have to type in that annoying word verification thingie before posting a comment!!

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home