Wednesday, December 15, 2004

ouch #2

I just crossed paths with the word 'matriculated'. Dictionary.com says it means being accepted into a group, especially a college or university. Still, doesn't 'matriculated' sound like something... well... painful? Imagine the following phone conversation:

"Hey, word spread around the office that you got matriculated yesterday. How ya doing, man?"

"It still hurts, but the doctor has me on Demerol. He says I'll be ready to go back to work in a couple of weeks."

"Well, take care, and try not to gag on the hospital food! Hahaha"


I mean, honestly.

3 Comments:

Blogger Orbling said...

LOL, yes, it does rather sound like you've been assaulted by marauding man-haters or something....

Fortunately, I am rarely matriculated. Being a social pariah obviously has its upside.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Melina said...

True story--I have a friend who's a teacher and she used the vocab word recently in an SA prep list. One of the kids thought it was another term for masterbation. So it sounds painful to some, and apparently pleasurable to others!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

I wish I could've been there for that one! :-D

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home