Saturday, December 04, 2004

wow.

On the radio this morning was an interview with the dude who runs Panzerfaust records, a white power music label. Intrigued by his Project Schoolyard, which distributes sampler CDs to kids at schools, I had to go to the website. After many snickers and chuckles (the merchandise page is absolutely precious), I have arrived at the following statements:

1) The confederacy got stomped.
2) Hitler got stomped.
3) Deal with it.
4) Stop pissing on the Declaration of Independance.

Especially laughable is the statement on the Project Schoolyard page:
"PANZERFAUST: WE DON'T JUST ENTERTAIN RACIST KIDS… WE CREATE THEM."
That was a little creepy until I realized that these clowns are based in Minnesota. Minnesota. If you want to form your small pocket of loonies up in that frozen wasteland, that's perfectly ok with me. Yay democracy. That's what America is all about, pockets of loonies living peaceably side-by-side. Just stay up there, please... that's a segregation I think I could live with.

BUT! But, but, but....the neutral observer in me sees this: ice cold but brilliant businessmen cashing in on the recent surge of psychotic right-wingedness. Unfortunately, Panzerfaust's web page is so blatantly over the top, at first I thought it had to be a spoof. Their rhetoric is on par with the outlandish parody Landover Baptist Church website. They need to tone it down a bit or they'll crack the facade and reveal their true purpose. The only color they really care about the power of is green. Panzerfaust is all about the Benjamins.

5 Comments:

Blogger Grover said...

The true injustice is that the dark-haired girl modelling their clothing is H-O-T. What a shame. I guess there's at least one really happy skinnyhead out there.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

And the blond gal posing with the M-16 rifle. Ooh. Scary.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Texas Gurl said...

i never thought i would say this but, holy smokes, i'm glad i'm white! the homepage is pretty bland compared to the forums. i agree with you. if they want to hate anyone who isn't white, let them, but keep it in minnosota or illinios or up north somewhere. we don't want any of that racism down here in texas. in my own little suburban world, i thought racism was a thing of the past. how wrong i was. the trouble is, these crazies don't just hate they want to eliminate whole races of people and they start in their own backyard. the forums encourage violence and hate crimes.
there was one humorous aspect, one of the comments in this forum was correcting the grammer used in the post. scroll down a bit to see his editing comment. http://www.panzerfaust.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3280
i'm very liberal on most everything...to each his own...but their actions infringe on the rights of others and are against most international law. if you (panzerfaust forum people) want to hate eveyone that isn't white, that's fine, keep it to yourselves, but don't assume the rest of the world needs nor wants you to take matters into your own hands.
ok, i was too scared to post this on their site so had to rant on yours...sorry. :)

12:59 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

Rant away! You'll notice that I'm keeping these thoughts tucked away in my own little corner of the internet. Look at it this way...by my profile people know who I am, what I look like and where I work. Eek. And there are a lot of people on the forums from Ohio. Double Eek.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Orbling said...

There do seem to be a large number of logs from Ohio, I read about 4 myself from that state, and I'm from London... LOL

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home