Monday, January 03, 2005

Out with the old

I had a pleasant new year's eve, for the most part. Went to my mother-in-law's friends' (Nancy and Rick) house for their annual holiday-ish get together. Tons of good food, and Rick just recently re-did their basement with a pool table, big TV, and stocked bar. Most everybody there was from the class of 69, and let me tell you, those people can party. They spent the night jamming to concert DVD's of Eric Clapton, and then Rick cranked AC/DC after everybody was drunk enough. Surely, enough, right around 11:45 as I was getting good and comfortable, I was told it was time to go. Quarter till midnight on new year's eve, and we leave. I have to say I was a quite miffed. Spent the 2004/2005 flip cruising back up Peters road through fog the consistancy of peanut butter.

Amusing side note: Earlier in the evening, I was sitting at the bar with the stool turned sideways and my elbow on the counter so I could watch the DVD when some (stumbling drunk) lady came up and wedged herself between my legs to ask Rick (ever the consummate host) for another whiskey. She then proceeded to sidle up closer, telling me weird pointless little facts about herself, until her hip was at a... well... very intimate distance (read: no distance at all). I looked back and my wife and her mom (and Rick) were snickering at the sight of somebody my mother's age hitting on me. Regardless, it was an ego booster. :-) I am the mack daddy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Orbling said...

LOL, sounds like you had a great time, well mainly.

A confidence booster, is a confidence booster, whether it comes from. ;)

11.45? Why on earth did you leave then....... :S ?!??!

Was her watch broken?

9:53 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

Mom-in-law drank too much and fell asleep. Wife and Mom-in-law are two peas in a pod, so when M-i-l dropped out, Wife was left stranded in a sea of people she didn't know and got nervous. So we left.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Orbling said...

Well I understand that. Though 11.45, argh, she could've braved it for 1/4 hour...

Oh well, such are the pleasures and burdens of family. :)

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home