Friday, August 19, 2005

I don't get it....

Ok, so in a rare moment of temporary bachelorhood, I am left to my own devices at the apartment tonight. Naturally, after interviewing for a part-time job at Night Sky Coffee (a trendy coffee shop here in Troy), I make a beeline for Dunaways, the pub (as you may well remember) from St. Patrick's day. I have a legitimate (as well as one ulterior) motive for going here. 1) Their beer is inexpensive 2) One of the waitresses, upon hearing a while ago what's going on in my life, said that she would absolutely have to drink with me, despite whether she was on the clock or not.

I don't get it. In a nutshell, I get there at 8pm, watch silent little league baseball on espn, drink a pitcher, am asked by a dude and his chick to move over one stool, and he buys me a shot for my trouble, drink another pitcher, watch as the aforementioned waitress sits and drinks with a group of older people then leaves (not like I expected anything, but it's hard not to get one's hopes up, you know?), get talked to by one of the ladies from the group of older people (she calls me cute and keeps touching my arm, which feels good), and leave three and a half hours after getting there.

I don't get it. Bars look like so much fun in the movies and on TV, but really, all you do is sit there, stare at a slient tv showing shit you couldn't care less about, get drunk, and leave. What's the freakin point? I fail to see the attraction.

You can buy higher quality alcohol for much less money from the store, and get trahsed in the comfort of your own living room. Am I missing something?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home