Sunday, September 18, 2005

Sometimes I am left wondering where the boundary lies between being an accessory to the problem as opposed to supporting the solution.

Sometimes I am left wondering where the boundary lies between seeing a dear friend in distress and wanting to help, as opposed to being self-righteous and messianic in my desire to "save".

Sometimes I am left wondering whether I should intervene in a situation as opposed to letting something happen that I sense to be a mistake. Who am I, and what gives me the right, to judge what is right and what is wrong for somebody else?

So I stand by and watch with heart breaking, sensing something isn't right, and feeling totally clueless and helpless as to what to do about it, or whether I even should.

Maybe I'm too weak. Maybe I just don't have the assertiveness. Or maybe I have the wisdom to back off. Who knows?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy,
I just wanted to let you know that everything went okay that night. I had the BEST time! John and I ended up getting a hotel room...I know you were worried about me. I think I have a tendency to exaggerate things when I get drunk. John completely opened up again that night and we talked for hours. He really seems like he has changed. He kept going on and on about how much he loves me :) I felt bad cuz I went home with him instead of you...I hope that you had fun. If you see that one guy @ Lowe's, give him my number (I think he works in lumber haha.) I kissed him by the bathroom and told him "I wanted to fuck his brains out." Ooops! I'm soooo bad--I'm supposed to be in love with John :) I also think that I may be doing something wrong..making the wrong decision with John. I look to you for advice and expect the truth-which you've never denied me! Thank you for caring Andy and for being such a good friend.

-Angela

10:52 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

My heart wasn't breaking for me, it was breaking for you. He buying you daiquiri after daiquiri after daiquiri, and then talking about a hotel room, made me nervous that he had ill intentions. You've no idea how relieved I am to hear otherwise. Maybe I misjudge John.

And yes, I had a wonderful time. Everybody did, and it's all we can talk about here at work. :-)

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home