Saturday, January 28, 2006

Hi guys! I don't think I've been this busy since the Air Force, and the Bosnia bombing campaign. What a mess that was. Anyway, here's the last couple of days in a nutshell. I'll explain in detail later, but I am in desperate need of sleep now:

1) Yesterday met up with Elizabeth Callahan from school to shoot this old abandoned warehouse for a project due saturday. She also had a model named Brandie lined up (pictured in the link to Elizabeth's flickr page), but unfortunately by the time we picked her up and set up to shoot, I had time for about four photos and then had to head -out to work. Fucking burritos. :-( My shots came out nowhere near as good as Elizabeth's did. I won't post them... it just doesn't feel right posting photos of somebody else. Anyway, both Elizabeth and Brandie are just the most pleasant people. Tomorrow Elizabeth will be shooting her in her studio, and said she'd call to see if I wanted to assist and take notes. I hope I can... they're both just the nicest people.

2) Today after class, went over to Yellow Springs with two other people and shot at Glen Helen nature reserve for our next project. Gonna post all the cool ones, but I'm feeling lazy tonight. I photoshoppped one down (originally, the files are about 2.something megs) for you to enjoy. I'm cool like that. :-)



Part of next week's Camera Skills project is to take two photos of water, one with the shutter fast enough to freeze the water in place, and one with the shutter slow enough (1/4 second or slower) to make it look all nice and creamy.

---

Oh... one last thing... here's my latest Photoshop/Computer Basics project. The instructor put an image up on the screen and gave us four pictures to cut, paste, and blend together to re-create the on-screen image. Here's my result:

2 Comments:

Blogger Scribe Called Steff said...

Pretty groovy, dude. Did you find that room, or what's the deal with that?

the springs shot's cool, too.

2:13 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

Nan - Thanks!

Steff - Actually, the room, landscape, and two different rocky stream photos were taken by one of the instructors, Jonathan Warner (who is from here in Troy). The funny thing is, Uncle Bill has those same photos hanging up in the office at Stillwater. I was like "Holy shit! I know those!" :-)

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home