Sunday, March 26, 2006

Rocked my Camera Skills final today, despite my oversight on one little detail on the practical segment. Ventured to develop my latest roll of film afterward all by me onesy, Rodney having walked me through the process last weekend, and it turned out beautiful. I'll post a teaser at the end here for you.

So I'm watching Mythbusters and bored off my gourd, so I decide on a whim to kick off spring break and go to Dunaway's. Much to my surprise, a rocking blues band was playing. Spent several happy hours drinking beer and bopping in my chair. Ran into a guy who used to run the printing presses at mom's shop, and I hadn't seen him in probably ten years. Friendliest guy you'll ever meet. Had a fantastic time. Walked over to the Brewery afterward, and was approached by somebody identifying themselves as Dark Haired Girl's friend.

Dear readers, I think I may have been misleading you in my exhuberance of finding somebody who treats me with interest. Keep in mind that she and I are friends, and friends only. Nothing more.

I knew that a guy she had been seeing off and on was back in town this weekend, and of course, I was out by myself to give her ample breathing room. I'm cool like that. Anyway, turns out she and her date for the night were there and had seen me, and I offered to her friend to leave if my being there made either Dark Haired Girl or her date feel awkward, but she said no, just be cool. Like I'm going to be all macho and posessive.

(Ok, ok, ok, I felt a little envious, but that's my problem to deal with, not hers)

She and I said our hellos, exchanged hugs, I met with her people and shook hands (very decent folks), and went about my business dancing my butt off the rest of the night. Roundabout last call, I decide to hit the road, and as I'm leaving, a very statuesque lady walks past and twirls her fingers in my hair. I must say, that was a helluvan ego boost. ;-)

Walked back to Dunaway's parking lot and drove the entire three seconds over next door for a couple of doughnuts at Tim Horton's while perusing the latest issue of Shutterbug before heading back home.

All in all, and especially with the unexpected band at Dunaway's, had a great spontaneous evening. :-)

---

Here's one of the photos I developed and scanned today. I added the sepia-esque toning in Photoshop here at home, but left in the dust flecks from the scan to lend a nice "old fashioned" effect. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Grover said...

I'm not going to charge your family members! And thank you.. that compliment makes my week.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home