Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I hate mondays.

Ok, so today I worked from 9am to 4pm. (that's 0900 to 1600 for you 24-hour types) Then, I had class from 5 to 6:30. Then, monday night job #2, which lasted until right about 11. Good God, I'm exhausted.

But I did manage to go to a party tonight. Yay! Long story that's really kinda boring, considering I just spent the last ten minutes typing it out only to realize that it was totally dry information leading up to it. But there I was, in a guy I only kinda know's house, belly full of Awful Waffle hash browns, and taken there by Ruben (Zen Master and all-around swell guy). I had already achieved my "happy place" buzz at the Avalanche and then come down, so the free beer in the fridge really didn't faze me. Once you come off a beer buzz, there's no going back. Anyway, it was nice. There were really drunk people there, a few cute girls, and laid-back chitchat with a punk music CD for a backdrop.

I started to chat with one girl, but a tattoo artist with craploads of piercings and dragon tattoos, proudly showing off pictures of his adorable daughter, and who was a former Marine sent on missions shrouded in secrecy, chimed in. He was a nice guy, but I just can't compete with a cock block like that. Soon, he had every girl in the room entranced with tales of heroism under enemy fire and cell phone camera pictures of his little girl. Fucker.

I was too giddy to care about that. I was at a party, man! That kind of thing doesn't happen every day. :-)

No lascivious tales of drunken debauchery to tell, aside from the host's cute wife wearing low rise jeans and no underwear, which resulted in the majority of her full moon showing as she sat cross-legged on the floor. ;-)

---

Had my first class of the new quarter today, History of Photography. The instructor had actually come in to Chipotle for lunch earlier in the day and I was on cash, so I recognized her. She's a real free-form kind of teacher, and having new students in the class and three quarters under my belt, I'm finally adopting a slightly senior posture there at OIP&T, BS-ing with the instructors a little more boldly. This one's going to be fun. :-) In three hours I need to get up to go to Photoshop II, instructed by my buddy, Todd. This quarter is going to rock triumphantly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sure have been busy. Make sure you get some rest.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home