Monday, November 13, 2006

It's the end of an era...

Tonight was my last night at Chipotle. It was a very fond farewell, with an open invite to come back to work at any time. According to Lee, things slow down in spring between the winter and summer/fall sports, so I may just have to go back for some supplemental income. I can't tell you how liberating it feels, though, to have that weight lifted off my shoulders. It's just school and photography now, without that pesky day job schedule to worry about.

It does kinda suck, though. I liked the work and everybody there, and I've never had a job before where I could say that. But I assured them that I'm still going to be going to school just down the road for another two years; I'll be in there getting lunch or dinner at least twice a week. :-)

---

Speaking of photography, I spent saturday from 6am to 6pm shooting the "super saturday" hockey tournament. Friday night, I went to the local mom & pop sports store here in town, and purchased a mouth guard and also some forearm pads. Sure enough, during the peewee game a kid hit the wall and his stick went over, which I deflected with the forearm pads. I'm hitting "Play It Again Sports", a 2nd hand store in Huber Heights tomorrow, as well as the pawn shops and several Salvation Army locations I know of, in search of a good used helmet before I shell out $50 for a new one.

Back to Saturday... Lee brought his computers and I brought my card reader so customers could view the photos we were taking right after each game. Several ladies, as well as the guy who bought my display prints last weekend (super nice guy), were filling out order forms from the photos I took, and they want a ton of prints. Hoping the web brings in more sales as well, but I've already made out like a freakin bandit this weekend.

Anyway, by the end of the sixth game, I told Lee I couldn't shoot anymore. Even with his nice gel kneepads from Sears, it felt like somebody was running shishkebob skewers through my kneecaps. I was completely exhausted. But I had plans afterward with the zaftig beauty, Dark Haired Girl...

---

Every time I speak of intimate encounters with Dark Haired Girl, I always put each time in superlative terms. That's not just me being overly complimentary. I really mean what I say about our experiences. And saturday night with her was by far not only the most intense, most passionate, but also most tender and affectionate night that we've shared. And she was never before more radiant.

---

My foolish heart has gone and started wanting a girlfriend again. I guess it's been long enough that it's pretty much gotten entirely over Sophie. And then there's those goddamned eHarmony commercials, and my heart is so unbelieveably gullible. It actually buys the crap that my brain has the good sense to totally dismiss.

But there was a couple ahead of me in line at the store tonight. They were about my age, and they had a little baby in a carrier in the cart. The young couple looked so in love, and both gushed over their child. Such an amazingly strong feeling of jealousy welled up in me. I guess guys have that "biological clock" too, and I'm feeling it ticking ever louder.

But I haven't even really started dating yet. And do I really really want to un-single myself just yet? No. Definitely not. With school and my new job, and still living with my parents... absolutely, positively no.

Hanging out with Ruben (of Mexican descent) the other night, he said to me: "Andy, you need to find yourself a chubby latino girlfriend who'll stuff you full of enchiladas." That made me chuckle.

---

The Tylenol PM just kicked in. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home