Monday, December 31, 2007

Dude, "Beetle Juice" is twenty years old...

... that's messed up.

The ball just dropped, and Mom & Chuck are out of the house. As a kick off to the embryonic new year (and as I type this) "Ready to Go" is blaring from my stereo. My defiant little fist-shaking declaration into the ether.

--

Put Dark Haired Girl's Christmas gift of rubber boots to good use today. Went tromping around Charleston Falls with the Canon and 4x5 view camera in my backpack, in search of possible Miami County photo contest ideas. I swear I'm at least going to place, dammit. Anyhoo, here's a few shots I popped off with the Canon. I really want to take the final ones with my 4x5 to exploit its ability to capture phenomenal resolution and detail:








Not going to cut it for the photo contest, but they're pretty pictures nonetheless. Sometimes you just have to drop the "I'm a professional" crap and take pretty pictures.

---

Well kids, 2007 has come and gone. I can't help feeling like I just stepped off The Vortex roller coaster at King's Island, all giddy with my head reeling like a drunken Irishman. What a year '07 has been! For the new year, I'm walking straight over and hopping in line to ride The Beast.

I've arrived at a resolution: To get out of my parents' house and out on my own before my 30th birthday this summer. A goal that's both necessary, and also ultimately attainable, I think. :-)

2008 is going to be a bone rattling brain scrambler of a year... a real white-knuckle thrill. Come along with me for the ride, won't you?

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

"Attention K-Mart shoppers!" Sorry, couldn't help myself. Beetlejuice is just so easy to quote from. Anyway, love the pics. I really need to head over there, seeing as how it's only down the road. The key is getting time to myself....

11:12 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Forgot to add.....Happy New Year.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home