Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I have DSL! Yay! I already had to pry myself from YouTube twice tonight... I'm going to turn into a fiend. I'm now using it to stream some Canadian radio station for the background music to my photoshopping and now blogging.

---

Drove down to The Flats again. I'd earlier referred to them as Cleveland's party area, and a small portion of them near the mouth of the Cuyahoga is. Otherwise, along the rest of the river it's simply the floodplane alongside the river. To either side is a sharp incline, and in earlier pre-industrial days, the Flats were referred to as "under the hill" were where the unsavory people lived.

Anyhoo, (and again with the tidbits) I'm still trying to comprehend the spectacle of how such a relatively narrow river accommodates such gargantuan ore freighters, so I decided to take a drive along the more industrial end of things, as well as take a hike around the artsy Tremont neighborhood. Here's the photos of the day:















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home