Sunday, April 24, 2005

I got the job at Kroger. Produce section. I start tuesday night.

As the fable goes, the grasshopper who spent all summer jacking off discovered fatally too late that he hadn't anything to sustain him through the winter. As such, this Groverly grasshopper is going to open his own savings account and work his fat ass off through this summer as others play merrily. It will hurt. He will turn ninteteen emerald shades of green with envy at those around him. He will whine that his life is passing him by. (he tends to bitch a lot)

Alas, come the snowy season (both figuratively and literally), when it's time to put down the proverbial pickaxe and shovel, he'll be both in the greatest need of, and also uninhibited to enjoy the hard-earned fruits of his labor.

And this winter is going to be the biggest, blurriest, most explosive fucking blast of his life.

Patience...

Patience...

Patience...

7 Comments:

Blogger Orbling said...

As a Grasshopper, I can reccomend the path of the Ant.

The Ants are diligent, and are rewarded by the fruits of their labour.

Is this job a step up?

7:38 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

It's an evening and weekend suppliment to my current day job. I'll be stocking the fruits and veggies, as well as tending the salad bar.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Orbling said...

Excellent, as least you're working with the ethically sound food stuffs. :)

On the otherhand, extra work, are you mad? One job is one more than would be sensible.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

My day job assembling stuff is terribly exhausting. I'd dread the second job were it not for the prospect of actually starting a savings and the fact that when I leave Lowe's, I don't really see anybody else the rest of the day. I'm cut off. This way, I'll still be able to be around and talk to people. Looking forward to that.

9:42 PM  
Blogger JanetsJourney.com said...

What happens this winter that is going to be so fun???

7:47 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

Citrus -
Worry not your pretty little head. :-) Just look for a lot more posts emailed in (from work). They're the ones with messed up spacing and line breaks. I don't know why it does that.

Squareslant -
In a word: Life

4:05 PM  
Blogger Orbling said...

Well I do hope this Life thing is all it's cracked up to be. ;)

I'm fairly sure there are easier ways to find people to hang around in the evening than working produce...

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home