Sunday, August 21, 2005

I put on my headphones and listend to Zero 7's "When It Falls". No matter what, their music gives me hope. It is the soundtrack to the life I daydream of.

---

We went over to our friend Becky's place last night. She's got two adorable daughters, and her youngest just learned to sit up. While watching "War of the Roses", they went outside to smoke and have a girls-only chat, so I stayed in to keep an eye on the kids. The littlest one started making a fuss, so I sat cross-legged by her chair/rocker thingy and sat her up on my lap. It was so cute! She sat there so well behaved, sucking on her pacifier and paying attention alternately to the TV and to this little rattly stuffed puppy I held for her. She grabbed my hair a couple of times... I'm now minus a few strands. :-)

Her older daughter sat at my other side and kept asking why the people in the movie were being mean to each other. (note to self... don't show little kids "War of the Roses") I had to explain to her that the man and woman were only pretending to be mean to show us how silly it is, and how we should all really be nice to each other in real life. That's why we laugh at it, because they're acting silly. I think she understood. She then proceeded to tell me how one time she went to the bathroom and it looked like a salad.

I can't wait to have kids some day. :-)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This did not come from ME: "Gathering bits and pieces from all my experienced sources, the picture that is gradually being assembled is one of sex = commitment. There is no such thing as a casual encounter."

You of all people know that I fuck without committment and I have had my share fo fuck buddies and one night stands. I'm no role model.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

I know, Chickpea. I know. I'm half-tempted to delete this post, as I was having one of my flip-outs when I wrote it.

As for you not being a role model, I'm reminded of what Sean Connery said to Richard Gere in "First Knight": "I take the good with the bad, I can't love people in slices." I still look up to you. :-)

9:26 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

Fuck... this may be the post that kills me. I'm sorry guys. No more bad mood posting, I promise!

None of this was directed at any of you. I also have "sources" at work, whose takes on things tend to be a little more, shall we say... bible belt.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Nan said...

It'll happen when you least expect it. It always does.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

I know. Thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes my mood just falls to pieces and I get all pessimistic.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home