Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Last night while at Stillwater, emptying trash cans in the office, I noticed something that made me wonder. One employee is a former Marine, and on the fabric wall of his cubicle he had two pictures hanging up... one of a woman standing by herself, and one "prom photo"-style wallet sized photo of himself standing in his uniform with a different woman in a ball gown. These photos had been there for a very good long time, and I always wondered who the two beautiful women were.

Last night as I wheeled my cart up to his cube and reached for the trash can, I noticed the previous photos on the wall had been replaced by two snapshots of him with a new woman. Resting on top of the papers and soda cans in his wastebasket were the former photos, meticulously torn into tiny pieces.

I don't know why, but this made me really sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home