Monday, October 24, 2005

I haven't been 100% open and honest with you guys. For all my 'poor me'-ing about being rejected and unable to find anybody to talk to, there is somebody I share a mutual romantic interest in. You know, I'm not quite sure why I've been so hush-hush about coming out and jut saying it, but I'm sure you've all gathered a hunch from comments left over the last several weeks. I've been emailing and talking on the phone with Texas Gurl, and I'm going to fly out and visit her in December.

My feelings on this? I can't fucking wait! I'm also scared to death because, well, you guys know me. I'm going to fall so hard for her in that week that it's going to shatter me to leave. It's an interesting dichotomy these equal parts longing and dread. Even though she's mentioned the f-word (yep, fling), I'm worried about hurting anybody, her or myself.

I don't know what it is, but the best way to describe is that I feel stirred from the inside when I talk to, write to, or even simply think of her. It's as though something inside of me is emerging from hibernation. She has inspired me again. I take pictures with her in mind. I write verses that come together into poems when I think about her. I've even created a flipbook animation for her based on a picture in her flickr photostream. Strange things like constellations and bronze statues of soldiers make me think of her.

I had to get that off my chest, it couldn't be held in any longer. I'm falling into a serious case of "Like with a capital L" with with this Gurl. Do I see anything long term out of this? Geographic and educational limitations seriously put a damper on things, but even if this "fling" only lasts one short week, I'll never stop commenting on her blog, sending her emails, and occasionally pulling out my drawer at work to look at her pictures I've printed out and placed inside.

6 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

This definitely sounds like LIKE to me! Good for you, I hope you have a wonderful trip.
Just to let you know, long distance relationships can work. My husband and I dated across the country for 2 years before we lived in the same place. We've been married for 17 years now.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Nan said...

Go for it and enjoyit while it lasts. It's jsut what the doctor ordered and you never know, she may be the "one" and good for her for speaking up and letting you know how she feels.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

Everybody is warning me: Don't get your hopes up, Andy! I mean, it's not like I'm already on the search for the future Mrs. Hutchinson, but I can't help but hope that she and I click in person as well as we have over email and on the phone.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Kellee said...

stop OVERTHINKING it...you're sending ME into a relationship overthinking spiral in which I will have to medicate myself to get any sleep tonight! ;) I LOVE YOU MR PANTS - KEEP US FILLED IN!
xoxoxo

9:10 PM  
Blogger Texas Gurl said...

*BLUSH*

11:48 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

Kellee - You should hear Yvonne at work go off at me after prattling on to her about my life. "Andy! Shut up and stop blowing shit out of proportion! Just chill out and go with it. Christ!"

TG - Now we're square. You made me blush ten shades of maroon with your post. :-)

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home