Thursday, May 11, 2006

Bought myself a new toy through the bookstore at school. A few days ago, I saw an article on a lady who shoots these surreal and haunting images on a plastic camera called a Holga. The next day, I noticed they sold them at school for about $20. No shit, these things are 100% plastic, even the lens. It takes such crappy shots that they go full-circle and are cool looking again. That, and it takes medium format film, not the usual 35mm we all know and love. Medium format produces square negatives that are 6cm x 6cm. Anyway, I managed to fuck up (but in a cool way) my first roll, but here are a few highlights from it and my second roll:


Oogie Boogie symbols on the Masonic Temple here in Troy (directly across the street from L&V)
---


Unintentional (but cool nonetheless) double exposure of the doorway to the temple.
---


Light fixture at the doorway to the Masonic Temple. Anybody who's read The DaVinci Code will recognize the symbols immediately. Spooky.
---


This is off the first roll. Looks creepy, but I was sitting reading the camera instructions over lunch at Fazolis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home