Tuesday, November 21, 2006

'Cause I'm gonna be a cowboy, baby!

Hi guys. Shot my first rodeo this weekend. Met up with Lee at 10am and didn't get home until around 1am. Long freakin day, but it was such a blast! There's a strict traditional dress code for anybody entering the arena, so I had to sport boots, a flannel shirt tucked in with sleeves buttoned at wrists, and a cowboy hat. Luckily, I had bought a hat when I was dating Sophie.

I still miss her. I think about her all the time. Still talk to her from time to time. But all the horses at the rodeo, and the particular way they sound and smell, really kept making me think of her.

But I digress. Lee kept jokingly calling me "Tex" all day because of the hat. He brought three of his computers, one to download the images after each event and do on-location printing, and two for customer viewing stations. Horse people are also usually money people, and like to pay in cashon the spot. Anyway, I set them up, established a network, and we were off! I made a shitload of sales that day from my photos.

I did get to flirting with one arena worker. She was this amazon type who was probably several inches taller than me (oh yeah!), and was cute as a button in the face. She was working the gates at the pen where the calves in the roping events ran into, and she was sitting on top of the rail for extended periods. I struck up a conversation by saying to her: "Doesn't your backside kill you sitting on that bar for so long?" We chitchatted for a while, but I didn't sense any diggage from her. Or maybe she's just shy. I'm clueless when it comes to that. Anyway, I hope to see her at the rodeo at the same arena in December. Maybe I'll try talking to her again.

---

So I'm sitting at a bar the other day, and watching the TV, when Entertainment Tonight came on. I was watching with disinterested detachment until an absolute GODDESS came on. It was the actress Sara Ramierz from the show Grey's Anatomy. They were playing various clips, and asking her about her larger size. She mentioned reservations about doing certain scenes, and then they showed a clip of her doing a little grindy sexy-dance in her underwear. I nearly fell off my barstool, I was so... I don't know. There isn't a word for what i felt at that moment. Something like spontaneously orgasming while my heart shattered to pieces. Oh, the wretched painful joy!



Sara Ramirez is now the hottest woman on Earth. Period.

---

I am this close



to having all the gear I need to play hockey. Found a guy on craigslist.com who'll sell me shoulder pads and a big duffle bag for $10. Then, all I need is a helmet and I'm ready to do some damage, baby! Nevermind that the damage will most likely be to my own team, but it'll be done with serious moxie!

Showed up sunday morning to hockey practice, but didn't bring my stuff. I didn't have all the gear I needed, and I want to be padded from head to toe before I go out there. But I stayed and watched the scrimage, which was thrilling even though they didn't keep score or count penalties or anything. They just played. Some guys were from semi-pro Dayton teams like the Bombers or the now-defunct Gems, while some were far more amateur and less graceful, and obviously more on my level, which made me feel better.

Afterward, I hung out in the locker room and introduced myself. I don't think I've smelled anything in many many years quite so rank as a hockey locker room. And I haven't been in the presence of so many naked men since boot camp. Kinda took me by surprise there.

Still can't do the "hockey stop", but with practice during the last public skate, I can now kick up a little snow when I turn sharply. I figure it'll be something I grow into.

---

Hung out with Dark Haired Girl yesterday night. It was her birthday, so I bought her and her girls an extra-large pizza for dinner. Afterward, when her girls went to bed, she and I sat on the couch watching TV for a while. Nothing risqué, just two friends enjoying each others' company. And that's what makes the dynamic between us so wonderful.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really sounds like things are going great for you right now. Good on you!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Texas Gurl said...

Someone doesn't religiously watch Grey's Anatomy??!! What's wrong with you, Andy? Between all your work and school and endless socializing can't you spare an hour a week for Grey's? Meredith (the main character) is a little whinie but there's a lot of pretty people on the show including Dr. Torres (your new found hottie). She's new this season. :)

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home