Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Hi all!

Here's my first Commercial 1 project, bright field and dark field glassware:




At first glance they look good, but closer inspection with a trained eye will tell you that the shots technically are a mess. But they do look good, especially printed 12" x 12" and mounted on alternating black board for the bright field and white board for the dark field.

---

Went skating friday night for the first time in two or three weeks. Yeah, the muscles got a little buttery in the mean time. But it felt really good. Got to chitchatting with a super-nice guy from England who's here in town attending our internationally reputed welding school. I thought to myself "I bet this guy's name is either Colin, Simon, or Nigel." It was Simon.

Videotaped a hockey game and senior night ceremony down in Dayton. Then I played hockey sunday morning. I just keep getting better. This time, I did a significant amount more than just standing there like an idiot. Got to talking and taking advice from a fellow defenseman, but I had to go shower and change back into my civilian clothes after a half and hour. I had junior hockey games to videotape immediately after the adult game. Fellow Defender (FD) was there afterward, and chatted with me in the stops in action through the two junior games.

I did the public skating session that afternoon and got some great skating tips from him, as well as socialized with the other hockey players. Working my way into the crowd there.

---

Spent the other night with Dark Haired Girl, and although she set her alarm for me to get up before her girls, her littlest woke up early and was standing in the door. I heard her say "What's Andy doing here?" Dark Haired Girl reminded that her Uncle B (not really uncle, but good mostly gay friend) stays there frequently. Her girl retorted that he sleeps on the couch, not in her bed. Dark Haired Girl said to her that yes, he sometimes sleeps on the other side of her bed.

And then her littlest exclaims, "But not with his shirt off!!"

Busted.

---

That night, Dark Haired Girl told me to hold still, and then made a swift move to pluck out one of the hairs in my eyebrow. Ouch! And it didn't even come out. She said I have this great big wirey gray hair sticking out. I ran to the mirror, and sho'nuff...

My first gray hair! And it's in my eyebrow. Hell yeah! I'm gonna be one of those cool old guys with crazy bushy eyebrows.

---

Had lunch with J Girl today. Wouldn't you know, her office is right on my school's campus! See, there's our main photography building, and then an adjacent office park that houses the other stuff like nursing and crimial justice. Her office is in that building. She's just a parking lot away from school. Cool, huh?

I swear, she's perfect pal and buddy material, but I just have no urge for anything more. She's even cute, that's not the issue. I just really really really like hanging out with her.

---

There's this girl I have yet to mention on here. She and I started school at the same time last year, and I've had this amazing crush on her since day 1 last january. I've just never mentioned her on here because we've never been more than acquaintances, chatting here and there. Nothing meriting a blog mention. Well, this quarter she sits next to me in Commercial 1, and we're getting along quite well. Nothing flirty or anything, just getting along well.

...but I can't help but think that she's somebody I could date without freaking out. That I could happily be her boyfriend and not pine for "freedom" or get the urge to bolt. I helped her with her lab project last week, and we're a lot alike. We are both really smart, but also prone to total ditzy moments at the same time. And she has a musical speaking voice, and laughs like a breeze moving through windchimes.

Yeah, I'm crushing pretty hard.

1 Comments:

Blogger LadyNineveh said...

(i hope this one shows up )
as soon as i saw these pics it made me think of a purfume ad (not thats a bad thing) the pics looks amazing!!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home