Friday, January 26, 2007

Fapping their way to the top.

I was going to go straight to bed tonight without touching the computer, but while in the bathroom perusing a mazagine from its perch on the edge of my sink, I drew a conclusion.

Shaggy, my new super-duper friend from OIP, told me about a website called "Sexy Losers", a serial anime-style cartoon concerning raunchy sex jokes. The illustrator's onomatopoeia of choice for guys in the act of gratifying themselves is "FAP FAP FAP".

Tonight in the bathroom, I'm re-reading my Focus fine art photography magazine, and I'm seriously questioning and doubting the choices of artist portfolios they've published. It's photographic drivel. Total I'm-so-cool artsy-fartsy tripe. Then I look at the cover, and the magazine's subtitle:

Fine Art Photography. FAP! Coincidence? I think not.

I realize that my malcontent, disappointment, and disillusionment over most (not all, but most) of not only Focus', but also B&W Magazine's featured portfolios is sparked by the fact that most "fine art" photography is mainly just ego masturbation. What gets published is less like artwork, and more like the cum stains of snobby photogs. I'm neither moved nor satisfied by (most of) these images, and it's because I'm expecting photographic inspiration and fireworks, and instead am subjected to page after page of pretentious artists jacking their egoes off and cumming pure pretension onto the pages of these magazines. So you posed a hot naked woman on a boulder in the woods, and gave the photo some overblown abstract title. Big deal.

Now, I myself have just recently entered the world of art photography, and given my last post, am guilty red-handed (palmed?) myself of a little ego stroking. But at least for the sake of you, my dear readers, I try to keep it to a minimum.

---

Just as a post script, 'ejaculate' comes from the Latin 'jacere', meaning "to throw." This gives rise to not only the word 'javelin', but also 'jet'.

Something to think about the next time you see an airliner overhead.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

Great, now you know I'll be thinking about that when I get on that "jet" in April for my trip to the Caribbean.
Thanks for that! LOL

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home