Saturday, January 13, 2007

Is it just me, or is Bush also pissing you off now more than ever? I'd say more, but Jon Stewart beat me to it, and with much more eloquent bluntness. I'm so angry, I just want to break something when I start thinking about Iraq and Guantanamo and all the other fucking senseless bullshit. Bush and his administration are like a persistent festering infection that's keeping our beloved nation sick. I can't wait until he's outta Washington so America can finally begin to heal.

---

But enough of my opinionated hippie ranting. It's otherwise been a fantastic week, kids. The Plenty Of Fish thing is working beautifully beyond my wildest expectation, and I've been having many wonderful email, IM, and phone conversations. Also, the high school winter sports season has kicked into full swing, and I've been busy not just on weekends, but also weeknights. This is bringing in a smidgen more income, which is good, because now I'm not quite so desperate.

Went out with J Girl tonight, and she looked very pretty. Nothing much, we just met for coffee, then went bowling. I bought the beer in exchange for a small piece of photography equipment (a dark bag for handling film). Under my expert tutelage, she broke 100 twice! Later, went for a bite to eat and then to walk aimlessly around walmart. Had a fun time picking up the display digital cameras and seeing what previous customers had taken pictures of. It was a really fun night. :-)

After hugging goodbye, I went to see Dark Haired Girl at her daughter's birthday party. Stuffed myself full of Pringles, chocolate, and root beer while learning how to play "Skip-Bo". I hope I never have to play that pain-in-the-ass game again. Too many numbers! Gaaaa!! But I'm just yanking her chain. Had a great time sitting around cracking jokes with her, her daughter's friends, and Blonde Haired Girl. Remember her? The one who initially said hi to me that fateful evening? We all hang out a lot together, I just never mention her.

And to top it all off, I'm getting together with New Year's Eve Girl for coffee tomorrow evening. Well, this evening, I guess, considering it's 3:00 in the morning. (still burning off all that sugar)

So, is this dating? Are what I'm doing with J Girl and NYE Girl considered dates? I'm not really picking up on any romantic undertones to any of what's going on. Well, ok, one POF conversation is getting a little flirty, but otherwise I simply consider what I'm doing as hanging out with female friends with whom I share the common interest of photography. But isn't that essentially what dating is? Must it always be like something out of a movie or sitcom; the protagonist's epic quest for true love? I don't think so.

Eahhh... K-I-S-S. Keep it simple, stupid. And I think I'm doing a fine job of doing just that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Texas Gurl said...

I hate to say it Andy but you have until the end of the second date to plant a kiss on the girl or you'll get stuck in the dreaded 'friend zone'. I learned that marvelous piece of wisdom from Scrubs and plus from my own experience I think it sounds about right.
But above all, do what you feel is right and have fun!!

1:36 AM  
Blogger Texas Gurl said...

Oh and I totally agree with you about our maniacal president. It's disgraceful, really. And sad.

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home