Monday, October 22, 2007

And I can't make it on my own / Because my heart is in Ohio.

I was making random doodles in my notebook during class the other day, made up mostly of geometric shapes guided by the lines on the paper. I came up with the following idea, and thought it would make a great logo for Andrew Hutchinson Photography. One version is flat, and the other is more 3-D. I think both have their merits. I'm kind of on the fence, being a firm believer in the KISS principle:




I dunno. I think I'm leaning toward the first as just a nice letterhead logo. For any other applications, such as web, maybe then I can elaborate with more complexity and variation from there. What do you think?

---




Micah from the band Hawthorne Heights came by the drive through yesterday. (me, name drop? nahhhh!) The band is back home taking a break between tours. It was good to see him again. Asked him how his dad was doing, and told him about the divorce and being inches away from graduating from OIP&T. He said they're about to begin recording their third album. Wished him luck on that.

I'm really happy that they have such staying power. I'd feared initially that the industry would try to make them into some flavor-of-the-month teenybopper band. Very very pleased that's not the case.

---

Man, that would be a sweet gig... shooting for a rock band. * sigh *

---

Drove past the tree sculptor on my way home from class today, so I burnt his pics onto a CD and walked down the street to give them to him. Said he may want to hire me for some formal portraits of his completed works.

Little by little....

1 Comments:

Blogger LadyNineveh said...

i actually like the 2nd one better..lil more formal, first one look kinda dull (but still looks nice..lol)

hint hint..pics of me and daniel..i wanna see..lol

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home