Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Slapshot, 1977

I just rented the 1977 Paul Newman film "Slap Shot". One thing that struck me: There were at least three leading ladies, Paul Newman's wife, a teammate's wife, and one topless scene in bed with Paul Newman and an opposing team's goalie' wife (who imdb.com reveals to be Ralphie's Mom) What struck me was that these ladies were not today's standard of sexy, by any stretch of the imagination. The teammate's wife was maybe cute at best, but she was real. And in real life, she'd be a very pretty girl. Ralphie's Mom's boobs weren't perfectly spherical silicone inflated balloons, but rather sloping, like real womens' breasts. Very refreshing, and far prettier than any contemporary "botox babe" with body and face that's been re-sculpted by a medical doctor.

I guess what I'm saying is that there wasn't any artificial beauty in this movie. The romantic elements were raw and organic. The women were real women like you'd meet in a blue collar bar, not a bunch of today's Hollywood plastic surgically altered Barbie dolls. That made all the difference, and they were so much more beautiful for it. Now, I know the movie was set in a steel mill town, so that might account for the movie makers' non-use of starlets, but they also made a sequel in 2002. Guess what: eye candy.

---

I'd choose spending one single night with the very real, organic, and voluptuous Dark Haired Girl over a lifetime of nights with cookie-cutter starlets like Jessica Alba.

2 Comments:

Blogger divacowgirl said...

I like your thoughts on women :)

11:50 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

Thank you Diva! Just keep it real, that's the root of my philosophies toward women.

Believe me, I could go on and on expounding my thoughts on women. I'm a huge fan of you females. :-)

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home