Saturday, February 02, 2008

Fashion and Influenza

Still only back to about 70% after that flu. God... I never want to feel like I did monday ever ever again.

On top of it, sunday when I came down with it and left work early, I had to go later that afternoon and meet up with a local model for a shoot. Managed about 10 keepers despite, so I'd call it a red letter day. Here's a few:







---

It was so cute... thursday night I went over to Dark Haired Girl's place to drive her to CVS, as she was in thick of her own illness. With her olive complection, when she's sick, it really comes out... olive green. So there she was in her room, wrapped entirely up in her comforter, with nothing showing but this little green face peering out at me. It was so adorable I couldn't contain myself, and had to start giggling at the sight as one would in reaction to a cage of puppies at the pet store.

---

Oh! I almost forgot. Shot a senior friday of last week using the L&V's available light (you seriously couldn't ask for prettier light in a studio). Here's my favs from that one:





---

Still haven't heard squat from the highway patrol. Called them tuesday after the death-li-est of the flu had passed, and the guy who runs the photographic unit said that the paperwork was still "upstairs", and that he hadn't forgotten about us. We'd know as soon as humanly possible. So the wait continues...

3 Comments:

Blogger LadyNineveh said...

i love the picture with the model wearing her glasses....very very cool :) glad to hear you are doing better..now i got it..lol

10:48 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Nice shots! Glad to hear you are doing better and too bad you have to wait for word from them!

9:19 PM  
Blogger hexy chick said...

Nice photos of the model but good God, I cannot get over those hideous leather jackets.

Also, state and government jobs take a looooooooooong time to hear back from. When I applied to be a 911 call dispatcher, it took 6 months to get a call and by then I'd already gotten a job with my current employer. My advice: be patient and don't give up if this is truly the job you want. It could be a while before you hear from them. In the meantime, keep a steady income flowing.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home