Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Chasing Waterfalls

I'm going insane with anxiety awaiting word from the state highway patrol. Been on a regular course of Zantac 150 for a week now.

---

I figured with all the sub-freezing days we've had in a row, I'd take the afternoon and visit some of the local waterfalls. Bundled up in several layers and lugging my 4x5 view camera along for the ride, I paid a visit to Charleston Falls. It's a relatively short walk (about five or six minutes) from the parking lot down trails to the falls. They hadn't quite frozen from top to bottom, and the result was akin to the stalactites and stalagmites found in caves. Enormous hollow jagged icicles through which water still fell, and through which passing light produced an eerie green glow, hung precariously over what looked like a series of ten foot tall anthills. Here are a few of the shots I got with the Canon:






Unfortunately, the knob controlling front standard's rise/fall popped off my view camera. It's an easy repair with an allen wrench, but still made using the 4x5 a pain in the butt, so after exposing two pieces of film I decided not to go to the other waterfalls until I paid the local hardware store a visit. Instead, I popped by the L&V to visit with Ruben (daytime bartender, zen master, and all around swell guy) and grab a bite to eat.



Hey, my trigger finger was still itchy. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Scribe Called Steff said...

I LOVE THE SUNGLASS SHOT! AWESOME! :)

Seriously. I'm SO stealing that idea sometime, but I have such a punk-ass "I'm not a serious photographer" little camera. 10.1 megapixels, but it ain't no SLR, man.

Back to the reading thang.

11:17 PM  
Blogger LadyNineveh said...

out of all the waterfall shots, the 4th one is my favorite. it looks like an explosion of snow that gathers at the base...very cool shot (hto i must admit the rest of the pics are just as cool too..lol)

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home