Monday, January 21, 2008

Anxiety

I have drank WAAAAY too much caffeine for the day, and now it's 11:37pm on a work night and I'm wide awake. It'll be a fitful night of sleep (whenever I get around to falling asleep), and it's going to be murder dragging my ass out of bed at 5am tomorrow morning...

---

Dark Haired Girl has been gone all weekend visiting family in Michigan. I talked to her last night, but still miss her terribly. She was supposed to come home tonight, but I haven't had the chance to call and make sure she made it back all right.

---

The interview friday went off like a grand slam home run, in my humble opinion. I did end up cutting my hair. Yeah, I know.... * sigh * but I had to. This is my first chance at a real career, and I wanted to eliminate every risk. This is a law enforcement agency, the culture of which is most decidedly of the military flavor, and I was dreading those all-too-important two words: first impression. Didn't want to look like a hippie, however razor-sharp dressed I was. (damn, I clean up well)

But the interview itself could not have gone any better. Keeping this blog for the last three years helped big-time because I'm used to letting thoughts flow. I anticipated the common questions and generated some vague ideas for answers, but left it at that so that when asked, my responses wouldn't sound rehearsed. It worked. My responses were quick, intelligent, to the point, without faltering or hemhawing, and never tapdancing around any questions. Even the ones I didn't anticipate, I had direct answers to. I made the guys laugh at times, I was dead serious at others. I never answered yes/no questions with just a yes or no. I always qualified my answers with "Yes, because..."

And on top of it, they're just a great group of people. I had a lot of fun talking with them, and was kind of sad when it had to end. When it did, I let them know that I wanted the job so bad I could taste it. It'll take a real rockstar of an applicant to top my interview.

I hear back by the end of the week, next monday at the very latest. Keep your fingers crossed and don't let go till then, ok? I want to move to the "big city" of Columbus and begin my grown-up life.

---

It's 12:08am now. Time to try to quiet the mind and get some sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home