Sunday, March 02, 2008

pieces of my mind

Hi there. I thought I'd take a few moments to spend some quality time here on blogger. Got some decent photos to show you, and a few other minor rants to get off my chest.

I proudly voted for Obama the other day at my local Board of Elections office. I was (trying to tolerate) watching his and Hillary Clinton's debate on tv last week which concretely solidified my disgust with her. She spent that entire debate wearing this shit-eating little smirk whenever Obama was speaking. Whether it was her turn or not, she'd speak right over Obama and the moderators, popping off these snarky little passive-aggressive potshots at Obama. I wanted to reach through the tv, smack that smirk off her face, and shout "Grow Up!"

Plus, the only thing universal about her health care is that it's another huge financial burden that universally everybody will be legally required to take on. From her campaign website: "The tax credits will ensure that working families never have to pay more than a limited percentage of their income for health care." Money people like her have lost the ability to comprehend that, tax credit or no, we the middle people can't afford to lose even a small percentage of our income. The money people have been able to afford extras and been out of touch with the reality of middle America for so long, they can't fathom how someone couldn't tack on just one more bill each month, with a credit at tax time to reimburse if they can't afford.

Unfortunately, Obama's plan is similar in that respect. It's that whole "It's affordable because you pay for it now and we give you a credit to offset the cost next year at tax time" tap dance routine. It doesn't fucking work when you don't have the money upfront in the first goddamn place, future reimbursement or no. The money people can't get that through their thick skulls.

They did that to us in the Air Force. If you needed medicine that the clinic didn't carry to dispense, you'd have to go and buy it yourself and submit the receipt to be reimbursed later. When I didn't have my ritalin, and that negatively impacted my work performance, they were all "Why don't you have it? It's free."
"I can't afford it"
"But you get reimbursed, so you're not out any money."
"I don't have the money to go buy it in the first place"
"But Airman Hutchinson, it's free..."

---

*Whew!* I feel better.

Last weekend (as in two weekends ago) was the men's weekend. A good time was had by all, and this one guy cooked an appetizer of venison tenderloin that melten in your mouth like buttah. God was it good. Here's a few photos:






---

Has anybody seen the latest commercial for the Toyota Tundra? You know, the one where they fling it around by the front tow hooks in a pointlessly huge centrifuge... Did you ever catch the fine print at the bottom? "Closed centrifuge. Do not attempt."

Dammit! I'd just had my own personal automobile centrifuge installed in the back yard for that very reason, and now they're telling me I can't use it. Bunch of killjoys.

---

Borrowed an acquaintance's Tamron 90mm macro lens to give it a test drive of sorts. He's selling it for $200 and I'm in the market for a decent portrait lens, so I called up another acquaintance of mine, Eric, to strike a few poses. I was disappointed with the lens' sharpness (or lack thereof), and it's autofocus is a nightmare. Also did a spontaneous "Hey, those sunglasses are cool, let me grab my camera" photo shoot with Ruben's friend Anne the other afternoon as we were lollygagging about:








She'd been talking about doing crunches and showing off her belly to Ruben earlier, so I asked her if she'd mind showing it off again for the camera. Thought I'd try for a sexy magazine ad style photo.



---

My computer's hard drives had filled up entirely with photos, so I had to bite the bullet and dip into the nest egg to get a 500 gig external hard drive at Best Buy. $129... not bad at all. Took a peek at the memory since I'm only running a gig and my computer is far more sluggish in performance than it should be. They had 1 gig sticks of PC5300 DDR2 for $34. Snapped one up in a heartbeat for that price. The computer immediately kicked into the pavement-melting speeds I'd expected when I put it together. Astounding the difference a bit of RAM makes.

---

Dark Haired Girl said something funny... I was discussing with her my interest not just in the "whats" and "hows" of sex, but also the "whys". I've been doing research into the anatomical structure of the g-spot and clitoral nerves, how women that squirt do so with an organ similar to the prostate, and the makeup of female ejaculate fluid. For men I've read up on the various vitamins and botanicals and their chemical components that enhance male performance, such as zinc's universal role in testosterone and prostate fluid production, and Horny Goat Weed's active ingredient icariin and its role in the inhibition of PDE-5, a chemical which blocks the relaxation of smooth muscle tissue thus inhibiting blood flow and erection. She laughed and said I was a "sex nerd". I kind of like the title:

Andy the Sex Nerd.

1 Comments:

Blogger hexy chick said...

That chick has the exact same expression and is looking in the exact same direction in each photo - no me gusta. Belly shot is awesome though in very "sexy jeans ad" way.

We had an ice storm that kept me at work too long so I didn't get to vote in VA - didn't matter. The one I wanted was pretty much out of the race at that point. I can't stand any of the 3 that are up right now. It's going to come down to voting for the lesser of two evils again which is how Bush got into office the first time. *sigh* I'd put money on it and say Obama is going to be the next president. That doesn't mean I'm voting for him though.

Also, fuck Toyota. I'm a Ford girl!

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home