Friday, February 15, 2008

Sober karaoke and thousands of blog posts later...

You know what? People that use the word 'rubric' piss me off.

---

My blogger dashboard just mentioned that this blog has 1,392 posts, not counting this one. Seriously? I have written one thousand three hundred and ninety two posts since September 2004? Jesus...

---

My cousin Jenny came over tonight to go hang out with my sister who came up to visit from Cincy. Jen went to Ohio University (not to be confused with Ohio State University), which has the reputation of being the biggest party school this side of the Mississippi. She kept mentioning beer pong.

What the fuck is beer pong?

---

Went out valentine's day with Dark Haired Girl. She drank, I drove and therefore didn't. Let me tell you, there's nothing quite as pathetic as the world's whitest dork with a tenor voice singing Seven Mary Three's "Cumbersome" stone cold sober. I wanted to crawl under a rock and die. Immediately I told the DJ to nix my other selection. If "Cumbersome" was that awful, imagine how bad Spin Doctor's "Two Princes" would have been. I was doing the bar populace a favor, although Dark Haired Girl mentioned that Cumbersome wasn't exactly a romantic song for Valentine's Day. I had to agree, but minus any alcoholic intervention, my inhibitions were up like a Star Wars force field. No more vocal stylings for Andy that night.

Being the social worker and nurturer that she is, but also very drunk, on a smoke break outside (smoking inside public establishments in Ohio is banned), she must have noticed a bar patron in a down mood because she rushed to his rescue (that's what I love about her) and came back inside with a new friend. His name is Andy, too, and he's from here in Troy. By the time we left, she wrote on an napkin for him her full name, street and email addresses, and phone number. She also included my full name, both phone numbers, email address, and this blog address.

So in case you're reading... Hi other Andy! She's just a really really caring person, I assure you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glade to see your doing well

12:12 AM  
Blogger Texas Gurl said...

Oh my goodness, beer pong is fun!!! All you need is beer, a ping pong ball, plastic cups, and a long table. Everyone has their own house rules, so just get the basic rules off the net and play! Promise you will have fun!! :)

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home