Sunday, September 21, 2008

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded...

Well, the DSL is going well. A little too well, in fact. I've become a YouTube fiend. And I've discovered the joys of MySpace, although my sister informs me that I've missed the bandwagon. I guess that, much like my recent discovery of Dirty Vegas's CD, again I have jumped on the aforementioned bandwagon long after it has creaked to a stop. My sister has informed me, and it seems that Myspace was once, but no longer is, a vibrant and active community teeming with comments and interaction.

I refuse to believe that I am so behind the times.

---

But, then again, I am 30. As Christian Slater put it so succinctly in the movie "Pump Up the Volume":
Society is mutating so rapidly that anyone over the age of 20 really has no idea.


I shot a high school Homecoming dance tonight. I'm such a sentimental cheeseball... all those adorable young couples, smooching between when I posed them and when I snapped their portrait. I don't think I stopped smiling all night. All their hopes and dreams and aspirations, worn so unabashedly on their sleeves. I remember that time in my life (1996) quite vividly. I'm prone to say that, aside from the occasional teen who is prematurely wise beyond their years, anybody UNDER the age of 20 has no idea just what they're in for. I sure as hell didn't. It's been pretty damned rocky.

---

Speaking of... did you ever catch, in this modern day, what Christian Slater was doing in that movie? He was blogging. He was the ultimate grand-daddy of all bloggers, long before there was such a thing. Think about it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm on myspace too, let's be uncool together.

3:25 PM  
Blogger A.me said...

Your sister is only partly correct. It's not as active as it once was, but it's still pretty active. I'm still on it though, so of course I'm not going to say it's completely lame. :)

I'm a YouTube addict too. Join the club.

About the storm, be glad you were away from here. hah. Some of my friends/coworkers were without power for about a week. I heard the number of people without power in the state reached over 2 million.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

And I wrote twice about "my sister informs me". Damn you, Jack Daniels and Mr. Coca Cola.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home