Saturday, December 13, 2008

Now that Dark Haired Girl is living out on the other side of her parents' farm, and there is almost no city light contamination, the night sky truly is an amazing sight. I don't know if anybody else has been blessed by the spectacle, but the last couple of nights have been not only crystal clear, but also with a full moon. For several evenings now, the moonlight has been so bright that not only does it illuminate the midnight landscape to the horizon, but I can actually read a magazine by it. Last night, armed with a wide angle lens borrowed from Bossman, I decided to see what the world looked like when leaving the camera shutter open for thirty seconds at a time.

These photos were taken around 11pm.






I would have taken more, but it was all of 12 degrees outside, and my feet were starting to ache from the cold.

3 Comments:

Blogger LadyNineveh said...

dude! that first pic is awesome!!!

8:18 PM  
Blogger hexy chick said...

You should see the night sky full of stars out on my grandparents farm in New Washington a cool summer night. NOTHING, and I mean nothing, beats that view and the smell of the fields all around. These photos almost bring me right back there.

6:55 PM  
Blogger A.me said...

Wow... I have a photo that's very similar to the last one. I didn't take it and it's manipulated, but it looks like the same scene. Granted there's plenty of farms, but I was almost convinced. haha.

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home