Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hi all! As expected, business with Bossman has dropped to nearly nil post-holidays, and I, your friend and humble narrator, am in a bind as to finding income. I DEARLY wish to stay the hell away from foodservice, although in this economy, Tim Hortons still wants me back. I've been reading a book called "Guerrilla Marketing" in hopes of generating ideas for Bossman, and I figure why not try to employ some of those tactics myself. I think a grassroots marketing blitz may just be in order.

The good news is that I have befriended and made a repeat customer of the new owner of my beloved L&V, and she has already given me several photo gigs to shoot for her and the new website. We're bartering photo sessions for free pizza. It's a good setup... I still have three free pizzas to cash in. :-)







Spent saturday night shooting a rather well known band in the Dayton area, so hopefully that will generate some attention.





Shot a short couple's session for friends Anne and John the other night. I think they'll make nice portfolio pieces.




Shaggy was up from Cincy visiting for the weekend, so as Anne and John were previewing their photos, I set the lights up for a nice dramatic headshot:



---

Getting back to resolutions, yeah... I think I know what mine is: I'm going to market myself more for 2009. I even created a nice tagline for the high school senior market: "Show your seniority with AHP"

(Do I have to put one of those little [TM] doohickeys behind that?)

1 Comments:

Blogger A.me said...

haha, small town. I used to be really good friends with John.

4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home