Tuesday, March 15, 2005

I thought this was a James Bond movie.

I am stoned.
I am drunk.
I am watching "Rollerball" from 1975.
I am laughing my ass off.
James Caan looks so young.
I am noticing how 1975 Rollerball and Quidditch are suspiciously similar.
The Quad Rollerskates being Brooms.
The Motorcycles being the "Beaters".
The Rollerball being the Golden Snitch.
The Ref being Madame Hooch.
The Orange team being Slytherin.
The Green team being Hogwarts.
James Caan being being Harry Potter.
The dude with the yucky 70's moustache being Malfoy.
The sport being waaaay too important for how entirely pointless it is.

Call me crazy, but I think Rollerball totally ripped off Harry Potter.

3 Comments:

Blogger Grover said...

Yes, I know Rollerball came first. I'm not that stoned. It was a lame joke.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

And what is it with 70's movies using classical music as the sole soundtrack? Enough Beethoven. My dad was a classical junkie.

Dude, James Caan looks so freakin young.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Orbling said...

Not such a bad film, had it's moments.

It's themes are in the great line of 1984. Where a corporate world exists, scary stuff.

Some other good films in that line are things like Soylent Green, Equilibrium, The Girl From Tomorrow, etc...

All good.

Though you may be right that Quidditch was nicked from it. I've got a book on the history of Quidditch, I'll check it later. ;)

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home