Friday, April 29, 2005

Inconceivable!

Caro left this morning for NJ and got in safely. So I met up with Angela, my friend from Honda, at L&V, a cigar/wine/coffee bar here in Troy. A pleasant time was had by all. It was nice to have another live human being to spill the beans to, and have her spill a few beans of her own to me. Several hours and lots and lots of wonderfully purgative discourse. She asks me what I'm going to do afterward, and I tell her I'm probably going to go home, put on "Princess Bride", and get drunk. She said that she's never seen it, so I invite her to come over if she wants (with the promise of no funny business). So we hit Kroger, she buys pizza rolls and I the Bud Light. When the movie was over, I (again, no funny business) walked her out to her car. One big hug later she took off.

I know what you're all thinking, and no, I wasn't even about to try to make a move on her. It was just too amazingly cool to have somebody to chill out with, and for her it was probably nice to be around a guy who, for a change, wasn't hitting on her.

Oh, and she loved the movie.

7 Comments:

Blogger Orbling said...

Well done, though I can feel you fighting your urges from here. LOL

That film is mighty good though.

12:52 AM  
Blogger Lostinspace said...

Well, it's nice to see a guy not always trying to get laid, ha ha. I can't believe you like Princess Bride.
I read your profile. Maybe when I become famous, you can listen to my girly folksy-singer stuff. Right now, I have a demo of 9 tracks.

1:41 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

We can thank "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle" for the inspiration. It was the elevator scene where Harold asks Maria what she's going to do that evening. She replies that she's going to sit on her ass and eat ice cream, so he invites her to sit on her ass over at his place. I thought that was cool. No hanky-panky implied, no raised eyebrow, just two bored people keeping each other company. So with that scene in mind I did the same, to fantastic results.

Orb - Yes, urges were being fought fiercly, but

Lost - I need a friend more than anything else, and she is the coolest person I know. I really really like her. To make a pass at her would fuck everything up, even in the laughably improbable situation that my come-on be successful.

I would absolutely love to listen to your demo if you have mp3's you can email me. It's grovermatic@gmail.com.

Citrus - You have no idea how incredibly flattered I am, but I merely stand humbly in the ascorbic shadow of your cool-ness. :-)

9:09 PM  
Blogger Orbling said...

But Harold did have "plans", which I think he tried to realise later on. ;)

"ascorbic shadow" LOL

10:33 PM  
Blogger Scribe Called Steff said...

I have a nephew who's now eight years old. I introduced him to the Princess Bride and he now loves it.

He's a frickin' cool kid, too.

When he saw Lord of the Rings (Vol 2), his big question was "Auntie, why does The Ring force its evil powers upon Frodo?"

That he said "upon" impressed the shit outta me. Smart damned kid. :)

3:52 AM  
Blogger Scribe Called Steff said...

I'm a blogger whore and my URL is thelastditch.blogspot.com

3:53 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

He used 'upon'? Fantastic! Hell, I don't even think I'd've use 'upon'.

(and your blog was already on my sidebar. been there for a coupla days now)

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home