Thursday, April 28, 2005

The Passion of the Dude on the Corner

So there I am on Brown Street in Dayton walking from the parking lot
across the street over to this restaurant I've been wanting to try for a
while, Nothing But Noodles. It's a 'fast casual' chain. Brown St. is the
main drag with all the restaurants and bars for the University of Dayton.
Kinda like OSU's High St. Anyway, there's this college age guy who hangs
out by the lot preaching to passers-by about God. He's always there
around lunch time. Today he's talking about communication, and as I pass
by, he shouts to the wind, "I'm not telling you to go to church. I'm just
saying you need to take the time to talk with God!" Somebody calls back
"Because you're a psycho!". He smiles at this.

Honestly, I admire the man's conviction. I wish I felt that strongly
about something... or anything, really.

1 Comments:

Blogger Orbling said...

I admire all people of absolute moral conviction, even if their morals differ from mine, as they usually do.

To thine ownself be true.

Anyone who stands by their convictions like that often is, unless they are hiding from something - also common.

Faith is a powerful concept, his words spoken so openly may well cut into the minds of others, like they have done your own. Others maybe more receptive to what he is preaching.

Not necessarily very effective, but if it effects just one person - he would probably feel his time had been well spent. I'd agree with him.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home