Tuesday, April 26, 2005

"We are each others' destiny..."

Zero 7 put out what is one of the most beautiful music videos ever made. It also happens to most closely parallel the world as I see it. (and is also the inspiration for my most recent round of sketches.)

Go to Zero 7's site, find the videos section, use my email address (grover_flanagan@yahoo.com) if you don't want to give yours out, and watch the video for "Destiny". It's an absolutely gorgeous portrait of people living their daily lives.

Then watch the others. Watch both versions of "Somersault". The song itself is good enough to listen to twice. I've thought of posting the lyrics. I may still some time. Anyway, watch the videos. You'll thank me later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Grover said...

You're very welcome. I am totally obsessed with their second album, "When It Falls". I listen to it over and over and over and over again, and it just keeps getting better.

If you liked "Home", you should check out the vocalist Tina Dico's website. She's got some solo stuff you can hear, and it's all pretty good.

Same goes for their star vocalist, Sia Furler.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Orbling said...

Well I've heard that song a fair few times in the past, but not seen the video before - both the song and the video remind me of 80's pop stuff.

Still trying to decide if the video is rotoscoped, think it must be, the faces at least...

8:36 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

Best I can tell is that the faces were illustrated but the rest is live action. You can tell that different artists worked on the animation, as some faces are more stylized and cartoonish, and some more realistic.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home