Tuesday, August 23, 2005

You know, in light of a recent IM conversation with Chickpea, I realize that when I fantasize about women I honestly and truly like, I can't picture them in a sexual situation. The incoherency-inducing cashier? Oh yeah, baby, it's on! Any number of other cashiers where I work? Grab the motion lotion and paper towels! But others?

Texas - I fantasize about having a slow-motion movie moment at the DFW airport terminal with you.

Steff - I fantasize about sitting on a patio at night with you and GayBoy getting stoned and talking till morning.

Chickpea - I fantasize about sitting next to you on a couch, shoulder to shoulder, watching Iron Chef and marvelling over little carrot pagodas... and picking out bags at Target... and getting slurpees.

Stacy - I want to get drunk with you watching your husband's band at some club.

Angela - No need. The moment by the river will last me a lifetime.

Nan - ok, there's no fantasy here, but I keep reading you because you give me hope that someday somebody will again care for me as deeply as you do for your Oil Man.

Orb - again, there's no fantasy, but I think we could be really good friends if we lived near each other, providing counterpoints to each others' points of view.

---

Honestly, isn't it weird how that happens?

---

What a refreshing, rejuvenating, hope-instilling thing a solid session of communication with another person can be.

10 Comments:

Blogger Orbling said...

I have that problem occasionally.

I'll be exceptionally turned on by someone and think "what would i like to do with them" and the answer comes back "err..dunno.."

Fantasy is obviously not my strong suit.

You'd find me dull in r/l. Duller even.

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder when I will be fantized about...how intreguing and tempting...

8:34 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

Orb - you kill me. How can you live in London and be dull? The mere act of taking a stroll sounds thrilling there.

Stacy - yeah, you guys just sound interesting. Like I said, when I think of you, I see us hanging out.

Anonymous - most likely I already have. :-) Reveal your identity!

"Now we'll get to see who's behind these anonymous comments! Shaggy, let's see who's under that mask...

*gasp*

Old Man Smithers??"

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why don't you guess...your pictures intregue me, as do your posts...you intregue me....

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I'm not perfect and at least I identify myself, but ARGH! It's intrIgue! http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=intrigue

9:58 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

Anon, you're going to make me work for this, aren't you? All I know is that your ISP is in Michigan. Beyond that, I'm clueless.

You've definitely grabbed my attention, but I can't fantasize about a phantom...

10:19 PM  
Blogger Orbling said...

Ah, but shyness is all powerful for many of us.

Either that or they just like the mystery. ;)

London is interesting in much the same way as I am. Plenty of interesting walks, history to learn, fascinating facts - but not a lot of excitement. Or in my case, any whatsoever.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Scribe Called Steff said...

ha! That's a fantasy I could probably deliver on. Go up on GayBoy's building roof, stargaze and get stoned. Sounds like a plan if you ever show up in this town.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Texas Gurl said...

And what would that moment at the airport entail? Hehe.

I must say I've fantasized about you as well. You singing me a song you wrote just for me; running my fingers through your hair; tugging you by the hand to show you all the sites and sounds of Dallas.


Stacy said it best-- You must come visit and take the first step towards your future!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

Texas - It varies a little each time I picture it, and I usually see it from a third-person point of view, but it goes generally something like this:

He rounds a corner into a long corridor, heading toward the TSA checkpoint. As he nears, he sees a lone female figure standing expectantly among the other people awaiting loved ones to arrive. She's out of focus, but as his heart begins to beat harder, he knows who she is. Quickening his pace toward the outward-facing "Do Not Enter" signs, he finally crosses over. She runs to meet him, and as his carry-on bag drops to the floor, she leaps into his arms for an embrace which swings her nearly completely around full circle before her feet come to rest on the floor, the side of her face pressed to his shoulder, eyes squeezed shut. She leans back and opens her eyes to find his wide-eyed gaze child-like smile. Without a word, without an introduction, without so much as a "Hello", but through unspoken consent they lean in toward each other, lips meeting tenderly in the middle. The terminal around them fades into oblivion.

By the time the kiss comes to an end, the other passengers have already been recieved by those waiting for them, and have all left for the baggage claim leaving he and she alone until the next deboarded crowd sweeps through.

Leaning back, he finally speaks. "Hi, I'm Andy." he says with a grin.


I'm a sucker for chick-flick moments like that. Knowing me, it'll most likely be far more shy and awkward, but one can fantasize, can't he?

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home