Sunday, September 25, 2005

You know, back when I saw "Meet The Fockers", I thought the movie would've totally sucked had Barbra Streisand not carried it. STOP right there! I know what you're thinking. Let me finish... I've never given two hoots in hell about her, and I just thought her character was very endearing.

Flashforward to today. Caroline turns on the tail end of "The Prince of Tides". It's actually not bad, and back in the 90's Barbra Streisand was kinda cute. So Caro wants me to go out and rent "The Mirror Has Two Faces". Well... I'm watching it, and I'm loving it. How can you not be charmed by the whole independant, quick talking, easy to laugh, funny, witty, adorable-yet-just-not-quite-able-to-attract-a-man, somewhat typecast character she portrays? I think I'm becoming a Barbra Streisand fan.

I will say this though: I will never

ever

ever

ever

give a shit about window treatments. Quit snickering.

Voice on tape: Now, repeat after me: "Yo!"
Howard Brackett: Yo!
Voice on tape: Hot damn!
Howard Brackett: Hot damn!
Voice on tape: What a fabulous window treatment!
Howard Brackett: What a fabu...
Voice on tape: That was a trick!


---

Speaking of movies, I wish I could leave voice messages like people on TV, instead of my usual routine of sounding one step above totally mentally challenged. I really wish that on the fly I could pull off some Rico Grover Suave act and leave some charming bit of witticism that makes the person receiving it giggle and then go around and play it to all her friends saying "Listen to this! Isn't this guy amazing?". Hell, I'd even settle for the cute bumbling act like the guy in "Win A Date With Tad Hamilton".

But noooooooooooo. Invariably, I always end up leaving a message that sounds like Woody Allen on crack.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meet the Fockers = my parents.

In and Out = fucking great movie that is severely under rated.

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, I JUST noticed that you changed your name to Andy Pants Hutchinson on the right over there wher eyou have the mini-bio. *giggle* You're my Andy Pants and I love you!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Nan said...

You are cute and bumbling.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Kellee said...

I can do two better than cute and bumbling...
You are adorable and fahhhhhbulous!
xoxoxo

6:42 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

Chickpea - I knew I could count on you to get which movie I was referencing. And it wasn't too underrated. The MTV movie awards for that year nominated Kevin Kline and Tom Selleck in the "Best Kiss" category. As for the Andy Pants, I changed it when you gave me the nickname on your blog. :-)

Nan - Awwww, thanks! I can go back and edit blog posts. The girl I've been leaving voicemails to (as she is devilishly hard to get a hold of) knows full well just how painfully awkward my messages are.

Kellee - Wow... thanks! You guys are giving little ol' me a serious ego trip! (not that I'm complaining, mind you) Are you "I Have Ocean Front Property In Fantasy Land"? If so, I just came across your blog today after a few clicks on the "Next Blog" button. Very colorful and full of personality! I'll be a regular reader from now on. :-)

10:48 PM  
Blogger Texas Gurl said...

Okay, you've got to rent The Way We Were. One of the best films of all times.

The last two messages I got from you were sooo cute and fabulously amazing that I forwarded them to Ardra for comfirmation that they were real. Yes, Andy Pants IS the catch of the year. Happy hunting ladies.

Also, please never compare yourself to Woody Allen. he's quite possibly my least favorite person on earth besides maybe Gilbert Godfreid. :)

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home