Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Developed the latest roll of film from the Holga today. Here's the highlights, completely unaltered (aside from the resizing) from what came off the negative scanner:


Contrasty underexposure at my favorite test subject, the Patterson Memorial. I'm sure by now you guys are getting sick of pictures of this thing.



Cool unintentional double exposure.



A breeze had kicked up and that tree was showering the whole yard with those little spinning "helicopter" seeds. You can just see them in the picture, but it was like standing in a rain shower of them. Quite awesome.



Rodney, my lighting instructor. I took this the same night and with the same unmoved main soft box light from the orange/cabbage/lime photo.



Good ol' Troy. Right outside the Masonic Temple.



Patterson Memorial again. For each image you see, I took about four frames of different exposures to test which is best. With 200 speed Ilford film, it takes about two clicks of the shutter on a cloudy day.


Kizzy lounging on my laundry basket.

---

I was given two free tickets to see a play at the Victoria Theatre in Dayton this Sunday night. I asked APG (Art Photography Girl from several weeks back), but she has to work sunday night. So tonight I'm out and about, and there's a friend of Ruben's who comes down to Troy infrequently. I'll call her Hippie Girl. I haven't mentioned her before, but I've had the chance to hang out with her several times now. Anyway, I was mentioning the tickets to them, and asked her to go, to which she agreed. No, this isn't a date, just friends. Still looking forward to it though...

---

Finally at long last got to hang out with Dark Haired Girl again tonight. She fed me a hamburger and tortilla chips with this fantastic Mexican dip she makes. We watched Gray's Anatomy, and even though I had never seen it before, I got all teary-eyed when the heart dude died. Very well written show, I must say. Sucked me right in. It felt great to be in her living room again chitchatting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home