Friday, May 19, 2006

Hi all. Crazy crazy crazy. It's so nice to actually have a social life. But the exhaustion of staying out so late so much is taking its toll, and now I'm suffering from a massive head cold that has left my skin feeling like it's on fire, every joint in my body aches, and it feels like somebody poured Quickrete down my nose as I slept last night.

IF you have emaild my gmail accound, rest assured I've read it and am generating the oomph to reply. Right now, I'm typing this and succumbing to my green death flavored NyQuil.

Aside from that, I'm still looking forward to taking Hippie Girl to the theatre sunday. I'm not sure if "Hippie" is the best word, but I can't think of anything else more appropriate. She's not all peace, love, and flowers, but rather quite the outspoken ballsy type who's more likely to belch unapologetically. Her dreds have earned her the nickname Barbie Marley at L&V. I have to say, I only kinda liked her as an acquaintance before, and found her mildly attractive. Last wednesday night though, we had the best conversation, and I must admit to having slipped into a very decent crush on her. But this time I'm not investing any hope or effort into it. I've learned my lesson. No more schoolboyishness... just pure chill-out around her.

At the same time, I just want to grab Elizabeth, kiss her, and tell her everything is going to be all right. If only it were my place to do so.

Anyway, here's a few good photos from lately:


Bouncing the light off a reflector rather than direct flash.


The other morning, I was startled by the sound of rain on the roof despite the bright sunshine. I went outside, and the huge tree in our yard was casting off thousands of those little spinning helicopter seeds.


My latest project, Stopping Motion with flash. Everybody else does something where they either drop something into liquid that splats or on the floor where the object splats, but I decided to think outside the box and spray myself in the face with a super soaker and stop the droplets reflected off my cheek.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I emailed your yahoo account a while ago. You've got no love for the pea anymroe. So sad. Water pic is my fav one of you to date.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home