Thursday, September 21, 2006

It's 12:30 am now. That'll come into play later. I rocked at school today, hand cutting my own window mattes (the kind with the bevelled edge atop the image) and mounting my prints in them for my Photo Design final portfolio (quarter ends this Tuesday). They were all very well recieved in class critique, with one fellow student saying that I have a good chance at getting the best of show ribbon when they get hung up in the hallway and judged.

Then, a guy whose girlfriend I long for and madly lust after asked me to pose as his model for a Portrait 1 (two quarters from now for me) final project. Very flattering.

Later this evening in Advanced Camera, I shot a product with a 4x5 large format camera with digital back to fit within the strict requirements of a mock print advertisement, and nailed it dead on. I rock, however humbly so and with great humility. ;-)

Anyway, Elizabeth on several occasions in lab tonight called across the cavernous commercial lab for my assistance because I "know everything". (this coming from a girl who's had a photo session with superstar Tera Patrick) We're getting together Saturday afternoon because she asked me to help her with a missed Advanced Camera assignment. (Liz, that is. Not Tera Patrick.)

I bring this all up because Liz and I have this weird connection. Tonight, as I type this at half past midnight, she's photographing a model who was 1997's Playboy Playmate of the Year, and whom she had a midnight shoot with: Nikki Schieler Ziering. You probably know her as "Officer Krystal" from the the third American Pie movie, American Wedding. Yep. She's in Dayton tonight, and Elizabeth is with her right freaking now.

Liz and I exist on two entirely seperate planes of reality. Hers consisting of glitz and glamour and unthinkably (really really ridiculously) good looking people, and mine so far more proletarian and... well, quotidian. As any geometry teacher will tell you, two planes can only meet at one infinitesimal juncture. That line for us is called the Ohio Institute of Photography and Technology. Aside from that, I guess I just feel this weird dichotomy. She looks up to me as this great go-to guy for photographic wisdom and knowledge, yet I so totally revere her as a Goddess in the professional field, however big an adorable and charming dork she is in person, and how delightful she is to hang out with and have for company. Check out her Myspace page, and the blog in which she profiles her latest shoots. Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable.

And now I'm hiccuping wildly from the beer I've been drinking in celebration of a day well spent since 9am putting foot to photographic ass, and I'm off to bed now. I'm deeply satisfied with myself, and I'm so proud of Elizabeth I could burst! :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Grover said...

I guess it could be worse, at least I just make drunken blog posts instead of phone calls in the middle of the night...

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home