Sunday, November 26, 2006

Funny, but when you're beer buzzing, 'blogger' almost always comes out as "booger" the first time you try to type the website into your browser.

---

Anyways.... Wednesday at the L&V I was invited by Beth (proof that there is a God, however spoken for she is) to go out with her and a group of friends tonight. So I showed up at the L&V at 8:30, but as the disparate elements of "the group" showed up, they all took root at different tables and started a steady order of drinks. An hour later, I figured the idea of going out with other people was most likely a moot point, and I desperately need a change of scenery.

So few people use the word 'moot' in everyday converstation. But I digress...

I get bored by the suck-ass band that has commenced their sonic assault, so I head over to Avalanche where I figure it'll be more tame. There's a $5 cover charge, but as I stand outside by the check-in desk chatting with the very friendly night lady (Avalanche is in a hotel), the band sounds well worth the $5, so I go in.

I spend several hours and many beers bopping to the music, but otherwise not interacting with the almost entirely couples crowd there on a saturday night with no single women in sight. Welcome to Troy, Ohio.

To my right, though, are two 40 or 50-something MILFs (showing much clevage) who are cracking me up with their conversations of ex-boyfriends and birthday parties gone alcohol-drivenly wildly awry. I have to say something of my amusement to them, and am immediately whisked off to the dance floor.

I know what you all are thinking, but they both had boyfriends and I wasn't hitting on them. Just people having a little innocent fun dancing to a good classic rock cover band.

My point is that after I left the L&V, the "crowd" went to Dunaway's, and had a so-so time there, while I struk out all by me onesy (as per usual. *sigh*), and had a fantastic time dancing and chitchatting with two very attractive older ladies. I stopped by the L&V on my way from Avalanche to learn of the others' fate, and was so happy I took the gamble and left on my own. No, this wasn't a pick-up, get-laid kind of night (as I in my capricious late 20's often hope for), but it was a totally and wholly satisfying social event nonetheless. I doubt the same could be said for the rest, or even myself had I stayed and clung to their coat tails.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


Story of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home