Sunday, December 24, 2006

It's the most wonderful time of the year...


I must've eaten something funky friday. Started feeling queasy toward the end of writing the preceding post late friday night, and spent the rest of the night and most of yesterday puking my brains out. This bites because I still have a fever just under 100 degrees and feel only about 70% back to normal, so I really don't feel up to playing hockey at all, which I've been looking forward to all week. I'm still going over there this morning say hi to the guys and watch, but my stomach muscles are still all cramped up from their marathon workout yesterday, and my entire back is screaming at me from laying down all day. I may try to hit up public skating later this afternoon if the fever breaks. Don't wanna push it, though.

But if this is my only complaint in life right now, I'd say things are going pretty well. :-)

---

I watched the strangest, cutest, weirdest movie I've seen in ages: Little Miss Sunshine. What a delightfully bizarre film.

---

I hope Santa brings you everything your avaricious (is that a word?) little hearts desire tomorrow. Of course, there's the "true reason for the season" (for those so inclined) and family togetherness and bonding too, but admit it... you can't wait to rip into your presents tomorrow morning. My mom kept asking me through November what I wanted, and the only answer I could think of was, "Stuff that's useful." I bought mom an electronic pocket Sudoku thingy, and Chuck a book by Yogi Berra. Everybody else is getting their presents a little late, as my printer is out of three inks.

Passing a mall santa the other week, I said to him, "Dude, if you can, hook me up with a girlfriend." He chuckled and said he'd do what he could. What a guy!

Santa's my homie. :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Grover said...

What I should've asked for was a deferred-payment student loan so I can go to school and get a place of my own. This business of shacking up with the parents is all well and good at first, but I'm 28, man. It's been over a year since the divorce. Time to get back up on my feet and move on from this extended adolescence.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Hope that you are on the mend and in fine form to rip into those gifts come morning. I actually prefer the time before the gifts get opened, when all is mystery and anticipation.

Merry Christmas to you and may the coming year bring you joy.

11:47 AM  
Blogger LadyNineveh said...

hope you are feeling better :0 merry xmas to you and the family and talk to ya soon!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Little Miss Sunshine is by far the best film that I saw in 2006. But that's just my 2 cents

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home