Friday, December 01, 2006

And now for the big news...

Lee met up with the city school athletic board. They told him that I was a great guy, and my photos were top notch. But the image has to be cleaned up if the parents are to be comfortable with me taking pictures of their children. So...

Here's me before monday afternoon:


And here's me now:


I bowed down to The Establishment. I submitted to The Man. Or, I could've kept it and stayed in foodservice. No, thank you. Hair cut, please.

It's a big change, but at least some poor child who's lost her/his hair to chemotherapy will get one gorgeous wig! Three years in the making. But for as much as I miss my "Fabio Hair", long hair is kind of a pain in the ass. Let's look at the bright side:

1) No more ripping hair out of my scalp each morning brushing out the baby dredlocks that tangled up overnight.
2) No more waking up gagging in the middle of the night because I was snoring and sucked a clump of hair down my throat.
3) No more wet hair for three hours after a shower.
4) I can drive with my windows down without the frizzy bits intolerably tickling my face and getting in my eyes. Of course it's now snowing, but hey.
5) I can wear hats again.
6) I can wear my hockey helmet without pushing my bangs down over my eyes. And the helmet breathes now, too.
7) I actually have to rely on personality, wit, and charm when talking to people. No more peacock feathers. This has significantly (and to my own surprise) brought out my inner flirt the last couple-a days.

And everybody seems to like it. Or else they're just being polite. I met up with Angela last night, and she was honest enough to say she liked the long hair better. But anyway... such is life.

---

Speaking of the hockey helmet... while I had the camera out, I thought I'd take a snapshot of all the gear I have. All I have left to buy is a wooden ice stick (that's my aluminum street stick) and shoulder pads. I could use a jersey and those weird stripey legging/sock things that cover the shin pads, but they're more aesthetic than anything. Lotsa guys play in their sweats.



Of course, for shooting the tournament these next two weekends, the visor is coming off. Kinda hard to man a camera like that. :-)

6 Comments:

Blogger superstar said...

good picture

5:08 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

I mean, come on. How would you like to be the goalie watching this 280 pound mountainly mass of macho man meat streaking toward you?

:-P whatever.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

Holy cow, superstar. You left that comment, like, the instant I posted. Good on you!

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I liked the long hair better. The short hair is okay but I kinda got used to seeing you with the long hair.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have to agree with nan on the long hair drew. you look soo much better with long hair (tho i remember the hair in HS..:) )

9:35 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

Nan, Mitchel, thank you for your honesty. And I never want that quasi-mullet I had in HS. Ewww!!! :-)

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home