Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I'm bored. Not just momentarily, but over the last several weeks to months, I've just been really bored with myself. I'm bored with my photography... it's all the same damned pictures of the same damned stuff. The self nudes on the flickr page that I took last month are the only stylistically fresh photos I've mustered. I'm not bored with photography in general, quite the contrary. I'm just bored with my stuff. Ah well. The dude who wrote Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance called these kind of periods "lateral drift".

So I'm drifting. Maybe that's not such a bad thing. Be one with the plankton...

---

Bought my shoulder pads, a wooden stick, pad socks, and a duffle bag. I'm now set to actually hit the ice and play. The guy who sold the stuff to me offered to give me a few pointers this sunday night, since there's open skating before his hockey game.

---

There was the most brilliantly unusual sunset tonight, with firey hot pink sunlight bouncing off the underside of a shelf of high altitude cirrocumulus clouds. I kept gasping "wow" to myself as I drove down I-675. It made me wonder... in this hurry-hurry-hurry, duck-and-run culture we live in, did anybdody else see it? If they did see it, did they gasp? Were they moved? I refuse to think I'm alone on this one.

---

I've been thinking a lot about fate/destiny over the last few weeks. Do I believe? No, but anybody with any imagination to speak of has wondered... And have you ever noticed how nobody notices the machinations of predestiny while in progress? It's always in retrospect. "It was such a crazy sequence of unprobable events that brought our souls together! If this didn't happen, then that wouldn't have happened, and the other wouldn't have happened, and we never would have met. It must be fate!"

So I've been wondering: maybe I'm in the midst of the spinning gears and cogs, oblivious to obvious signs, hints, and indications happening right under my nose, so that if my life were a movie right now, the people in the audience would be shouting at the screen, "Wake up, dumbass! Look at what's happening around you!"

Don't you hate when screenwriters do that? The most plain-as-day obvious shit is going down, but the character on screen remains totally unaware? That's so frustrating. But anyway...

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for any suspicious occurances that could fit the descriptions of the this, the that, and the other that comprise the precarious happenstance that so often catches people off guard and smacks them upside the head.

Lemme know if you see anything.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all go through bored periods but your life is much more intersting than mine. Hope that helps. :)

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home