Thursday, December 14, 2006

Tragedy again befalls our intrepid hero

So I get pulled out of class today. Long story short: either find a co-signer by tomorrow morning or say goodbye to OIP&T. Methinks there's another option or two still available, which I'm going to drive down and discuss tomorrow. That, and I cried the blues to Dark Haired Girl tonight, and she volunteered her expertise in matters of financial aid. So I'm not panicking. Yet.

Andy is not a happy camper right now.

Because I know... I know I will...

I will triumph!




---

My slide show blew the socks off everybody in class today, instructor included. I rock. It'd be posted, but it's 35 megs. Instructor was a little iffy on my inclusion of two nude self-portraits, but fellow students didn't seem to mind.

---

I want a girlfriend. I need sex. (me? priorities out of whack? Naaahhhh...) Actually, I'm just saying that to sound cool, like the kids in high school who'd boast during class about "niccing" and/or "jonesing" for a cigarette. What I really need is to curl up nice and tight with somebody and sleep. You know... the type of spooning that's so full-body contact that you get sweaty where you're touching and have to lay apart after only a few minutes? Is there anything more delirously heavenly than the deep slumber you get with another person lying next to you? I'm so starved for affection right now I could just vomit.

---

I think I went on a date tuesday night. I think. Back story: My friend Jen was on a first date at the L&V last week, and I got to chatting with her and her (now) man, who was cool as hell. Somehow (and I swear I wasn't poor-me-ing) the topic of my near impossibility in getting a date gets brought up. Well, the other day I get a call from Jen. She says that she has a friend she wants me to meet, and would I mind if she gave her my number. I say that would be great, please do. She says, "Ok, well, she'll call you in a few minutes."

Yikes!

So we chat for a while, and its a very pleasant getting-to-know-you conversation, and we agree to meet wednesday night. Fast forward to tuesday: she calls and says that she's at the L&V if I want to meet. So I go, and it turns out she's 50, and while attractive (you know my penchant for milf types), just not exactly dating material. A delightful person nonetheless, but not a g/f potential. We go to A's and have a wonderful time dancing and singing to karaoke. In a nutshell, she just needs somebody to go out and act well below her age with. So I made a great new friend. :-)

So... I guess that was a date. Kinda. maybe? help.

---

As for the lady I got to chatting with from her ad on Craigslist: we still haven't met, but there's no hurry. We're still in the "Hey, you seem pretty damned cool." phase of things. I'd be lying, though, if I said I wasn't getting my hopes up just a teensy-weensy-little bit. She does seem wonderful.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh huh drew :p thats why you were now where to be seen tuesday :) (just given ya hell )

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I remember that.. sleepng next to somebody.. totally innocent..

BUT waking up in the middle of the night to itch a "scratch" ;)

Yeah, *sigh* I miss that as well..

It will happen when you least expect it, or so I hear..



-Me
caterpiller.diaryland.com

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home