Thursday, December 07, 2006

I've been hiding something from you guys. For about a week now, I've been in email correspondance with a lady whose craigslist.com personal ad I answered. We talked on the phone for the first time tonight, and I'm really having to restrain the urge to gush on here. I know I'm being intentionally vague, but it's too premature to say anything else. Just had to get that out in the open.

---

And then I'm thinking back to something I wrote in a post from September 12 of this year:
So I send out this spell for love, as did the young girl in the movie Practical Magic (and with her intention of describing a non-existant person... past, present, or future): My true love will be an albino with creamy skin, bright purple eyes, and snow white hair. And she'll have a lovely singing voice. And she'll have a smile that lights up the darkness. And she'll have a weird hobby, like playing the tuba or raising mountain lions or something. And she'll glow as she dances in the full moonlight, and she'll pose patiently for my camera. And she'll be a terrible cook and we'll bumble through recipes together. And she'll have a figure like Kate Winslet before she got all skinny, a la "Quills". And she'll bear a striking resemblance to a lovely girl named Kena that I knew back in high school.


The similarities to some of my musings are eye-opening to say the least.

---

In talking with Angela, I figured out exactly how to put my urge to play hockey: I'm releasing my inner warrior. Whether my blade is of sharpened steel, or of curved wood... whether my battlefield is a great open plain, or an enclosed field of ice... whether my army is of thousands, or simply six... it's time for Warrior Andy to face, fight, and defeat his adversaries!

I feel so manly right now it tingles. :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww... good luck. CL is just awesome isn't it? You can find a couch, a bed, a computer, a job and a woman (or man)...

Damn, almost like super Walmart..

:)

-Me
caterpiller.diaryland.com

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home