Monday, December 11, 2006

What is the world coming to?

So I was doing some grocery shopping with Angela at Meijer (an east coast box store chain like Wal-Mart or Target), and went over to the men's sports apparel to look for something that might pass for a hockey jersey. To my luck, there were two racks of Starter brand shirts on clearance. I found an XXL black long sleeve athletic shirt, so I bought it.

We came back to my place because I was scanning, enlarging, and printing a photo for Angela on my computer. While the scanner took its sweet time, I put on my shoulder pads, slipped my new shirt over them to see if it would work as a jersey (it does), put on my gloves, and grabbed my hockey stick. Angela exclaimed "P-I-M-P!"

So I'm wondering... what is it about a particular style of shirt that can make somebody who is otherwise ininteresting and bland totally pop? I mean, with my new short haircut and this (dare I say!) trendy shirt, I (Mr. Modesty) sneak peeks in the mirror and look damned good! In brand name clothing, no less! For god's sake, I actually feel attractive.

I can feel my hippie soul withering and desiccating before my eyes. Oh the humanity!

---

I've been thinking about last year at this time. Texas Gurl and I had plans to meet. Those plans had to be delayed, but I made a promise to see her. My exact words were: ". . .come hell or high water. . ."

Well, neither hell nor very high water arrived (as you may have noticed), but yet I never flew out. I guess life just got in the way, but is that any excuse for breaking a promise? I feel really bad for talking so big and not delivering. And now, what was once a budding romance has been reduced to the infrequent blog comment. How could I have let this happen?

1 Comments:

Blogger Texas Gurl said...

:)
I still have the framed photo you sent to me hanging. Everytime I look at it I think of you...

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home